что бы не случилось; к лучшему или к худшему;
(свадебное: в радости и горе) For better or for worse he trusts everyone.
With this ring I thee wed, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, til death do us part.
1. пойти на риск, рискнуть всем
2. приложить все усилия, стараться изо всех сил 1. а) — Are you sure you want to bet all of your money on that one horse?
— Yes. I'm going for broke!
б) — Do you think that girl will dance with me if I ask her to?
— Sure: go for broke!
2. The way to be successful is to decide exactly what you want, then go for broke.
1. упустить шанс / возможность; "проворонить"
2. сделать ошибку 1. He arrived at the party and found that he had missed the boat — Maria was dancing with someone else.
2. I missed the boat picking that hotel. The service was horrible.